Thursday, March 09, 2006

Miscellany...

A few misc. notes…

Stickboy Racing has a new website up. The site itself isn't much (I can say that because I created it), but it does have a link to the new Ebay store, and to the forums. The Ebay store has all of the inventory that you can buy from Stick at the track…tires, generators, knee sliders, etc. The forums are just getting started, but Stick is a super cool guy…so is Honey. Wait, not a guy, but super cool…never mind. The point is that you should stop by the forum, register, and post. I think it's already on its way to being a thriving hangout!

Ok, 'thriving' is a strong word, but it's getting there.



I'm signed up to do the Sportbike Tracktime day on 4/8 at Putnam Park, so if anyone wants to come hang out, go along for the ride, etc. let me know. I will need the day to get myself back on the bike, and to make sure the bike is a-ok (I think I already posted about this, but tough shnikies). Also, I will be taking the Ed Bargy racing school at Nashville on Friday 4/28, along with Gil Cutchen and Doug Sheets. Look us up if you're at the track that weekend.


I am giving some serious consideration to renting Talladega out at some point this summer for a very low population track day for street riders. I think there are lots of folks who would try a track day, but they are intimidated by (or simply don't like) the idea of lots of youngster adrenaline junkies flying around. Yes, the grouping of like-skilled riders mitigates this to some extent, but not enough for some folks. I'm talking about having a total of 10 people there, with groups of 3 on the track at once (I'd be the floater). If you know someone who might like this type of environment, let me know. I plan on having some expert tutoring available, but aside from general encouragement and orientation, this is not a school per se. More on this as details emerge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home